Friday, March 8, 2019

Introducing our newest bunny...I mean baby


In 2017 we found out that we were expecting another blessing – another baby boy! I’ll try to come up with a better nickname but right now he is Bunny Bear. He arrived on 4/5/18 at 7:30 pm weighing in at 6 lbs 11 oz and ____inches. He was three weeks early due to some pregnancy complications (cholestasis) and the smallest of the three. I’ve never held a baby that small and yet, I didn’t feel the same nervousness with him. That was the Bunny essence of him - he seemed so tiny and so fragile. I felt pretty confident taking care of him, a first with any of the babies. He was quite cozy in his little bunny burrow (my uterus) and the medical staff had to use what felt like considerable force on my body to get him out. Again, the umbilical cord was wrapped around him so it was a good thing we got him out early. And he came out like a Bear – roaring! He didn’t stop crying until the nurses finally covered him up and got him nice and snuggly. For weeks, he’d cry anytime he was unwrapped.


He’s quite a little sweetheart. In the hospital, he would hum as he slept. It was the strangest, sweetest thing, like he was soothing himself to sleep. He spent his nights in the nursery and the nurses would comment on it like they’ve never heard of a baby doing that before. He’s also slightly judgmental. I think it’s the eyebrows. He furrows them quite a bit while looking at you. And he’s got the ability to raise the left one up independently. It makes me feel like he’s not very impressed with what we have going on. And he’s beautiful. I know everyone feels that about their babies but Bunny Bear’s got something special going on. He’s blemish and birthmark free. Just a beautiful face. No rashes. No spitting up excessively. He eats and sleeps very well (he can sleep through the screaming and yelling of his older brothers – I wish I had that talent). Loves being held but also is okay with laying in his crib for a bit. His first smile was at 2 months and his first laugh was at 3 months. And I have to brag here – I made him laugh! First time ever! Sweet Pea laughed at our dog, Maya; Pumpkin laughed at Sweet Pea; the Bunny Bear laughed at me (and I will not listen to any other version which may have him laughing at his dad first).










No comments:

Post a Comment